Wednesday, August 1, 2012

1st Day of School


Motherhood is Split Personality.  The day summer vacation starts is one of the happiest and saddest of your life, as is the first day of school.  Our first day came a little faster this year thanks to a new balance calendar.  We also had a couple of FIRSTS.  G-bear started her FIRST day of kindergarten.  She picked her outfit out months ago.  She planned her hair, backpack, lunch, and shoes weeks in advance.  This morning she hopped out of bed the first time I called and was ready in a flash.  Today she told me she wants to be a mom when she grows up.  She used to say nurse but her run in with the nurses during kindergarten shots curved her enthusiasm for the profession.  It will be fun to watch how her interests change as the years go by.  I have no doubt though someday she will be a mom and a great one at that.  She has more patience and love in her little finger then I have in my whole body.  Her kids will be some of the luckiest in the world.  There isn't a man on earth I think worthy of her love.
Photo: G bears first day of kindergarten  http://instagr.am/p/NyOgfzok4E/
Captain E took two times of calling before he got out of bed.  Still not bad for a first day.  He was excited about his new shoes, backpack, and lunch box.  He was also excited about the coco pops I let him eat for breakfast.  A first in this house, but we were trying to get one more sponge bob squirt gun and it was the only GM cereal that still had them.  He was most excited about taking the bus this year.  It picks up right by our house.  He told me when we crossed the street to the stop, "Mom, I've wanted to ride the bus my whole life."  Well thanks sweetie, here all this time I thought I was doing you a favor by driving you :)  I had some reservations about putting them on the bus, but we live close, they have each other, and it will save me having to drag napping kids out of the house.  Plus it would take me longer to walk/drive over and pick them up.  It warmed my heart when I saw them sit together on the bus and when Captain E told me, "Don't worry about GG.  I'll take her and drop her off at her classroom before I go to mine."  He's in third grade this year.  It's crazy how fast time has flown.  Seems like just yesterday he was going to preschool for the first time.  Today he told me he wants to be an artist.
Photo: Ezra's first day of 3rd grade  http://instagr.am/p/NyOzQFIk4J/

2 comments:

  1. Wow! They look so very grown up! How did that happen? I just saw them a month ago and they've both aged a year since then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both so cute. (Except if Captain E asks tell him that I said he looks handsome and grown-up). I'm kind of dreading sending Rachel on the bus the first day of school...so maybe we'll drive her and drop her off so that I can walk her to her class since she doesn't have an awesome older brother like E!

    Also...August 1 was your first day of school!? When did you get out again? We don't start until Aug. 27th!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...